Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Rainy Day

Here's another Busker Busker song, perfect for the weather in Deokso today: A Shower .

Yesterday was another usual, get up, eat breakfast with host family, rest in room or drink tea until time for work, then teach until 7:20.

Two memories from yesterday:

I accompanied Annie to the post office yesterday, so I finally know the way! I also have a brilliant hand drawn map of Deokso from Anna, so if I need to find another place I'm unsure of, I can use that. She made it in preparation of the new teacher who is coming on the 20th. We're all brainstorming ways to make her orientation the best possibly experience. It's kind of fun to be a part of that even though I'm so new myself. I guess I might be able to help her out a bit, since I know how it feels to be fresh off the plane.

My Blue 6 class was again fantastic. This time we had to do a practice dialogue, reading the speech bubbles of an illustration in the book. One of the characters was a girl, so one of my students, Joochan, decided that when it was his turn to read the girl's part, he would speak in falsetto. I tried to encourage that as much as possible :-) This class has started speaking Korean a little bit more in class though, so I need to be more firm about that. I hate taking stamps for speaking their native language, but it really is important because it's hard to speak English well when you're constantly switching between the two. I'll have to start that tomorrow, because today is grammar day for my non-phonics classes. Our head Korean teacher gives them a grammar lesson two times a month, and the rest of the classes, the ones I teach focus on speaking, listening, reading and writing.

Well, that's all for now! It's a short entry today!
-Abby

No comments:

Post a Comment